Monday, December 7, 2015

Audience and Invention for Reflective Essay

Prewriting:
  • What topic do I want to discuss with my readers? What do I want them to understand about the topic?
    • I want to write about how I have improved as a writer over the past three months, I would like to discuss how my writing can easily sound elementary and that I learned to focus on writing about specific topics or events rather than just paraphrasing something. I want my readers to understand how you can fix these problems and why fixing paraphrasing can make an essay so much stronger

  • Who is my primary audience? Who is my secondary audience?
    • My primary audience is Dr. Bell, my english professor because she has taught me everything I have learned over the past semester and she has read all of my essay and has given me concrete feedback
    • My secondary audience is my classmates because they helped me on multiple occasions to make my writing better  
  • What do my audience already know or believe about the topic?
    • My audience already knows the topics I have written about and how I am as writer. They understand that I paraphrase more than I should and know that I enjoy a large amount of feedback to improve my essays. They also know that sometimes I difficulty writing a sentence after I have used a quote from another source
  • How will I organize and develop my ideas?
    • I always like to make an outline of what I am going to write and include in my essay. It allows me to easily organize my paper and get everything I want to include on one piece of paper. I also want to specifically discuss what I changed to improve my essay, why and how I changed it, and discuss my strengths and weaknesses. I will also discuss what I have learned throughout this entire course

No comments:

Post a Comment