Monday, December 7, 2015

Thesis for Final Essay

Thesis:
Over the past three months, I barely knew what a quick reference guide, rhetorical analysis and make a public argument was or how to even go about writing one. However, after being enrolled in English 109H, I have learned how to write more direct and with a straightforward manner. For this course, we were required to keep a blog, writing a few posts every week. Originally, I thought the blogs were just busy work, however quickly; I discovered how helpful they were. The blogs encouraged prewriting techniques, which caused me to stay very organized. Over the semester, I have improved my rhetorical skills by learning specifically about tone, the PIE structure, SOAPSTone, and more!
Outline:

  • Opening paragraph
  • Quick Reference Guide
    • Ethos, pathos, logos
    • Evaluation of sources
    • PIE 
  • Rhetorical Analysis
    • Observation and Inferences
    • SOAPSTone
  • Public Argument
    • discuss blog and powerpoint
    • group conferences 
  • Conclusion 

No comments:

Post a Comment